The Kootenay offers up the best family whitewater rafting trip in the Canadian Rockies of class II-III rapids. It is great for children as young as 5 and grandparents alike. We offer 2 different tours, a half day which will include morning snack and our full day which will include morning snack and a deli-style lunch on the riverside. The half day tour covers 18 km of remote wilderness, while the full day is an adventure of 45 km with the highlight of an amazing waterfall, Pedley Falls. Come join us on a great day in the heart of the Canadian Rockies – a day mixed with fun, relaxation and adventure.
- For the Full Day Trip, we depart from our Radium Hot Springs office at 9:00am and return by 5:00-5:30pm.
- For a Half Day Trip, we depart from our Radium office at 9:00am and return by 1:30pm.
- Trip durations are approximate and fluctuate based on water levels.
4987 Hwy # 93
Radium Hot Springs, BC
Directions from Banff
- Allow 1.45 hours for drive.
- Drive west on Hwy# 1 to Junction of Hwy # 93 Radium Hot Springs.
- You’ll drive through Kootenay National Park, After passing the west gate of Kootenay Park, drive another 1 Km.
- Turn right at the Kootenay River Runners sign (the office is across from the Gateway Motel).
Directions from Panorama
- Drive down the hill towards Invermere.
- Turn left towards Hwy.#95.
- Follow road to Hwy#95.
- Turn left at lights.
- In Radium, turn right at 4- way stop.
- Drive 0.5km to Kootenay River Runners office on left.
Kootenay River Runners go to great efforts to ensure a safe trip! However, due to the nature of the sport neither company, owner or personnel shall be held responsible for any damages, injuries, losses, delays or expenses occurred whilst on excursion whether this be to person or property.
Please arrive at the office no later than 8.30am! All excursions require a Release of Liability waiver to be signed before departure therefore you want to ensure you have time to get this done. All participants under 19 years must have a Release of Liability form signed by a parent or legal guardian. Any participant under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed on the trip with no refund.
Minimum number of rafters required for each trip.
Please dress appropriately for the weather. Our mountain weather is changeable so bring a warm fleece jacket/sweater as well as sun hats and sun screen. Smaller children will need swim suits to wear under the wet suits. Do not bring jewellery or valuables.
All tours are subject to a 48 hour cancellation policy unless otherwise indicated on your booking confirmation. Guests are able to cancel bookings outside of 48 hours and receive a full refund. Subject to availability, guests are also able to change / reschedule bookings outside of 48 hours.
No changes / reschedules will be permitted within 48 hours of tour time. No refunds will be provided within 48 hours of tour time. Trips cannot be delayed for late arrivals. Refunds or rescheduling will not be provided for missed trips.
Group bookings of 10 or more are subject to a 7 day cancellation policy. No changes, reschedules or refunds will be provided within 7 days of tour time.
In the unlikely event that Kootenay River Runners must cancel a trip an alternate trip or full refund will be given, as preferred by the guest. Kootenay River Runners reserves the right to cancel trips due to safety and other concerns at our discretion.
See you on the river!