Kicking Horse rafting trips start at the Kootenay River Runners Basecamp near Golden, BC.
Address: 2966 Kicking Horse Rd Golden, British Columbia V0A 1H7
GPS: 51.14.05.49N 22.214.171.124W
DIRECTIONS FROM BANFF
Distance: 115 km. Allow 1.5 hrs each way
- Drive west on TransCanada Highway 1.
- From Lake Louise you will pass by the town of Field on your left (approx. 15 – 20 minutes & 26km or 16mi).
- Approximately 20 – 25 minutes further on from Field (about 28km or 17mi), on your left, you will pass the Yoho National Park entry gates for eastbound traffic marked by 3 flags and a small wooden kiosk.
- Look for large billboards on the left hand side of the highway and blue and white highway signs on your right. You’ll exit the highway by turning right and looping back through a tunnel under the highway.
- Look for the Kootenay River Runners sign.
- Cross over the railroad tracks and the bridge.
- Turn right on to Kicking Horse Road (first right after the bridge).
- Drive approximately 1 Km to the Kootenay River Runners Basecamp on your right.
- Welcome to Kootenay River Runners!
DIRECTIONS FROM RADIUM HOT SPRINGS
Distance: 134 km. Allow 1.5 hrs each way
- Drive north on Hwy #95 to Golden (108 km).
- Follow signs that lead you through Golden to Hwy #1.
- Turn right on Hwy #1 (towards Lake Louise)
- Drive 24 km and look for blue and white sign on right: TOURS: KOOTENAY RVR RUNNERS and BEAVERFOOT LODGE. Also look for the Highway Sign: Beaverfoot Road. There’s highway construction in the area, and another sign to look for is Banff ATV and Zip Line Tours. Turn right immediately after these signs on to Beaverfoot Road. Follow Beaverfoot Road across the train tracks then cross the river.
- Take first right onto Kicking Horse Road. Drive 1 km to the Kootenay River Runners KICKING HORSE BASE CAMP on your right.