Top 8 Reasons to Choose Kootenay River Runners!
For the Kicking Horse River … We have you covered!
- Safety – while we strive for each and every one of our guests to have the best day of their summer, nothing trumps safety! All of our guides are thoroughly trained and we regularly replace our gear for safety and comfort. Plus, we have brand new, shiny, top of the line SOTAR boats! You’ll get the best ride and the best pics!
- Experience – We’re old!! Kootenay River Runners is celebrating 45 years – with no signs of slowing down! KRR has always been a family owned and operated business. We are only in our 2nd generation of ownership and you bet we still bug the originals, Daryl & Linda for help! And just saying… Daryl happened to be the very first person to descend the Horse in a raft!
- The biggest thrill – KRR strictly enforces our age restrictions as we aim for the Kicking Horse River to be what it is meant to be – the ultimate rafting experience with the biggest rapids in Western Canada. We encourage young families or those who are looking for a calmer rafting trip to join us on either the Kootenay River or Toby Creek. Our trip hits ALL of the big whitewater including Cable Car, Hopi, Hopi Hole, Portage, Shotgun, Goat Rapid, Roller Coaster, Twin Towers and Last Waltz among others. We want to hit every rapid and you will never find yourself mixed in with younger patrons for any portion of your trip or our guides looking for sneak lines.
- Riverside Basecamp – Our beautiful basecamp is right along the Kicking Horse River so you get to enjoy the scenery longer! There are plenty of amenities to feel comfortable such as a covered eating area as well as change rooms & toilet facilities.
- Less time on a bus – About that great basecamp… it also means we can get started as soon as we are geared up! You’re here to enjoy the outdoors, not sit in a wetsuit on a bus. Our riverside basecamp cuts the bus time down, as you do not need to drive into Golden and then back out to the river. This saves up to an hour of travel for those traveling from Calgary/Banff direction.
- Small group sizes – We like to keep things personal. Most of our Kicking Horse trips are only 4-6 rafts maximum! Less waiting, more personable … you can really buddy up with our awesome guides.
- Amazing (& affordable) memories – It doesn’t count if you don’t have a great picture right? We sell our pics on a handy USB for only $30! Split one USB between a group of you, we dont mind… as long as you have those great memories to look back on.
- If none of this sounds like fun take a look at our other two rivers, the Kootenay River and Toby Creek. We have the perfect option for all guests!
There are so many more reasons why you should choose us. Give us a call or jump online and make that booking to see for yourself!!
Categorised in: Rafting the Rockies