Top 7 Reasons to Choose Kootenay River Runners!
Kicking Horse, Kootenay, Toby Creek?… We have you covered!
- Safety – while we strive for each and every one of our guests to have the best day of their summer, nothing trumps safety! All of our guides are thoroughly trained and we regularly replace our gear for safety and comfort. Plus, we have brand new, shiny, top of the line SOTAR boats! You’ll get the best ride and the best pics!
- Experience – We’re old!! Kootenay River Runners is celebrating 42 years – with no signs of slowing down! KRR has always been a family owned and operated business. We are only in our 2nd generation of ownership and you bet we still bug the originals, Daryl & Linda for help! And just saying… Daryl happened to be the very first person to descend the Horse in a raft!
- Free riverside camping – Our beautiful basecamp is right along the Kicking Horse River so you get to enjoy the scenery longer and all of our guests are welcomed to free tent camping before or after their trip! There are plenty of amenities to feel comfortable such as a covered eating area as well as change rooms & toilet facilities. You can wake up to great scenery and be ready to raft or chill out after a great day riverside!
- Less time on a bus – About that great basecamp… it also means we can get started as soon as we are geared up! You’re here to enjoy the outdoors, not sit in a wetsuit on a bus. Our riverside basecamp cuts the bus time down, as you do not need to drive into Golden and then back out to the river. This saves up to an hour of travel for those traveling from Calgary/Banff direction.
- Small group sizes – We like to keep things personal. Most of our Kicking Horse trips are only 4-6 rafts maximum! Less waiting, more personable … you can really buddy up with our awesome guides.
- Amazing (& affordable) memories – It doesn’t count if you don’t have a great picture right? We sell our pics on a handy USB for only $30! Split one USB between a group of you, we dont mind… as long as you have those great memories to look back on.
- The food! – We eat it too so it’s only the best. A choice of BBQ steak, chicken or a veggie burger plus a tonne of fixings… garlic bread, salad, fruit, chips, cookies. We know you’re here to raft but who knows, we might feed you your best meal of the mountains.
There are so many more reasons why you should choose us. Give us a call or jump online and make that booking to see for yourself!!
Categorised in: Rafting the Rockies